Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2011 @ 02:23
    Chris Houston

Has anyone upgraded TinyMCE to the latest version? ( 3.4.3.1 )

Our client needs to be able to insert iFrames and Silverlight into the TinyMCE editor and although in theory it should be possible to adjust the TinyMCE configuration file to allow other elements to be added, I cannot get it to work if the iFrame element is empty, I.e. it strips it out completely.

I have tested the latest version of TinyMCE 3.4.3.1 on their website and it works perfectly!

So, has anyone successfully managed to upgrade their TinyMCE editor to the latest version and if so, can you let me know how you did it or package it up :)

I am sure this would help a lot of people!

Cheers,

Chris

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 26, 2011 @ 03:01
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi

I think it is possible to modify the TinyMCE code to allow inserting iframes, javascript etc... I haven't tried to modify the code, but I think this package might let you insert iframes from the TinyMCE editor: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/pdiframe

Bjarne

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2011 @ 03:15
    Chris Houston

Hi Bjarne,

Thanks for your reply. although the package you refer to does insert an iframe, actually what was useful on the package page was the reference to turning off HTML Tidy which did indeed solve my immediate issue, thanks :)

However I would still ideally like to upgrade to the latest TinyMCE editor as it has a lot of bug fixes and has native support for iFrames and Silverlight.

Cheers,

Chris

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jun 26, 2011 @ 10:56
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Hi Chris,

upgrading to the latest tinyMCE still would result in the same. In this case, like you said, it's Tidy that is causing trouble. Well, not real trouble since iframe isn't part of the strict xhtml concept. Hence it being stripped out.

Glad you read the line at PDIFrame that said to disable Tidy which fixed your problem :)

It would be really usefull if Tidy could be configured to use transactional xhtml as well (making it strip less)

Peter

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Aug 14, 2012 @ 17:51
    Connie DeCinko

Bjarne, did you try upgrading to the latest TinyMCE?  Did it resolve any issues?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft