Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 14:13
    Ismail Mayat

Examine indexing error

Up until recently my index was fine. However i tried to rebuild my index and i am now getting error:

[UmbracoExamine] Error indexing queue items,The given key was not present in the dictionary., IndexSet: FairbairnIndexSet

the nodeid is -1 in the log.

when during reindex i look at queue folder i can see over 600 items it starts to process them and gets to 265 then doesnt go any further in my umbracolog i get this error repeating.  I did make some changes recently to my home page doc type but i then republished the home page. I have tried removing xml cache and the index then republishing and still get same issue. I am using umbraco 452 and examine rtm.

Any ideas?

regards

Ismail

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 13:55
    Stephan Lonntorp

Hi Ismail,

did you ever get to the bottom of this? I get the same error.

Dec 01, 2010 @ 14:02
    Ismail Mayat

Stephan,

It went away i think i deleted all old indexes (by this i mean the whole folder includign queue folder, lock file etc) removed xml cache restarted iis then republished that i think fixed it.

Regards

Ismail

Dec 01, 2010 @ 14:19
    Stephan Lonntorp

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did that, deleted the cache xml, the indices and everything, rebuilt the site.

It indexes a few nodes, but then it starts again.

Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens :)

Dec 01, 2010 @ 14:21
    Stephan Lonntorp

I get a new log entry every 30 seconds, which is the interval I set for the Indexers (I have 9 Indexers, but only 1 is acting up.)

Dec 01, 2010 @ 14:29
    Ismail Mayat

Is the index that is playing up based on pdfindexer?

Regards

Ismail

• James Telfer 65 posts 165 karma points
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 02:04
    James Telfer

@Stephan, @Ismail, did either of you ever get to the bottom of your respective problems?

I have a similar error occurring in a production site: [UmbracoExamine] Error indexing queue items,The given key was not present in the dictionary., IndexSet: WebsiteIndexSet.

This doesn't happen in either of the staging environments. The production server is load balanced, and the file system is replicated (though the Examine indexes are excluded from this). I'm wondering if this might be the cause.

I'm going to get on to the server admin to check on a few details - any pointers you might have however would be quite welcome.

Regards,

JT

Feb 22, 2011 @ 08:44
    Stephan Lonntorp

Hi James,

I ended up reporting it as an issue on Codeplex (http://examine.codeplex.com/workitem/10008), and had a discussion with Shannon about it, but I'm not sure if the bug I found in the process was ever fixed, I could never find the root of it. I ended up reverting back to the RC3 of Examine, since it didn't fail. I had other issues with the RC3 that I was able to work around though :)

Feb 23, 2011 @ 09:15
    James Telfer

Stephan, thanks for your reply. I should be getting hold of a copy of the production system so I can try to replicate and debug the problem further. I'll post the result here, and update the bug you reference if it turns out to be related.

Feb 25, 2011 @ 07:57
    James Telfer

@Stephan, I've found that it is the same error you reported. I'll continue on the codeplex issue and report back if I can find a resolution.

Thanks,
    JT

Feb 25, 2011 @ 13:27
    James Telfer

@Stephan, @Ismail, did you have any protected content on the sites that the issue cropped up for you?

Feb 25, 2011 @ 13:28
    Stephan Lonntorp

Yes!

I read your post on codeplex as well, great find!

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Aug 18, 2015 @ 15:06
    David Peck

I had the same error. Turned out I was accessing the fields supplied in the GatheringNodeData event with a straight fields["bodytext"] approach, but some nodes didn't have the key I was specifying. Instead this is fields.TryGetValue("bodytext", out bodyText) is safer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft