Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carl Sargunar 69 posts 91 karma points MVP 3x
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 11:38
    Carl Sargunar

Extending canvas functionality

Hi There

I have a query about how to extend the canvas inline editing functionality. As I see it, canvas works well enough where the page template has umbraco page fields in it, but where it's put together using a macro, it's not very good at editing. This is understandable, but I still need to offer editing functionality

What I'd like to be able to do is when entering canvas mode for a page that's been put together with XSLT to identify the document type or content ID, and then have canvas bring up the relevant editor

Is this something that is achievable?

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 11:42
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Carl,

It is possible to use the Umbraco Item within within XSLT. Any field that uses Item, should be editable in Canvas mode

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbracolibrary/item

Matt

• Carl Sargunar 69 posts 91 karma points MVP 3x
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 16:38
    Carl Sargunar

Hi Matt

That certainly works some way to ward the functionality we want, but I wonder how much I can actually extend canvas? I would like to be able to do a lot more - do you or anyone know if there has been any work done toward documenting canvas, or how to go about extending it?

The ind of thing I'm trying to do are

- Automatically redirect someone to the sight site within a multi-site environment

- Allow editing of complex document types within a popup window (eg lightbox) rather than the standard canvas editing controls

- Allow creation of content in a more flexible manner than is currently available in canvas

- Allow deletion of content, or the ability to move it to a different folder

Thanks,

• Janusz Stabik 15 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 18:23
    Janusz Stabik

I have this same requirement does anybody have an ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft