Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Brown 125 posts 290 karma points
    Oct 17, 2013 @ 17:14
    Steve Brown

deleted media items still accessible

I wasn't sure if this is a bug or by design, so I wanted to ask about it. I'm running umbraco 6.1.5, and when I delete a media item in the back office, it is still accessible by its URL. It seems to me that the desired behavior would be for deleted media items to no longer be accessible. I tried republishing my site, so it shouldn't be a caching issue.

Oct 17, 2013 @ 17:19
    Steve Brown

sorry I figured it out, I tried to delete my topic but I was unable to. When I click "delete" it says it deletes my post, but it's still here. When I emptied the recycle bin the item was gone.

• Kyle 13 posts 84 karma points
    Mar 14, 2018 @ 16:12
    Kyle

How did you solve this problem?

Mar 14, 2018 @ 16:36
    Steve Brown

Did you try emptying the recycle bin? Seems like in Umbraco 6 at least, a deleted media item was still available until emptying the recycle bin.

Mar 14, 2018 @ 16:45
    Kyle

The page is still accessible by URL and is appearing in my ezsearch results.

Appreciate the help as I am just stumped.

Mar 14, 2018 @ 16:54
    Steve Brown

it's a page? not a media item? those are different things in different sections of the back office. Did you unpublish or delete the page, and it's still accessible? If so, here are some more things I would try. Verify in the back office that the page is definitely unpublished or deleted. Republish the site in the back office (that ought to clear Umbraco's application cache). Clear your browser's cache. Open the site in a fresh browser window. Those are just some general troubleshooting things I would try, if I thought I was experiencing some caching issue. Good luck

Mar 14, 2018 @ 18:19
    Kyle

Thanks for the input. I did try these steps before reaching out.

Any other advice?

Thanks,

Mar 14, 2018 @ 21:39
    Steve Brown

I have one other thought. What’s “ezsearch” that you mentioned; is that a module? Is it possible that might be interfering somehow? Can you reindex your search tool or something, or ask the module creator? That’s all I’ve got.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft