Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 16:58
    Dave Woestenborghs

Change umbracoSettings with API ?

Hi

I have a large import proces in my site and it takes long to publish items because of the updating of disk cache.

I want to change this setting before the import starts and change it back after it finishes : ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache

Dave

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Apr 09, 2013 @ 09:35
    Jesper Hauge

Hi Dawoe,

You probably already found a solution for your problem, but my two cents on the subject: 

As far as I can see, it's not possible to change the settings in the umbracoSettings.config file from the API, the only acces I can find is in businesslogic.dll where you can find umbraco.UmbracoSettings which have properties for all the settings in the file, but none of these properties has setters.

umbracoSettings.config is an ordinary xml-config file though so you could try changing the value using ordinary .net xml file manipulation code, and see if the umbraco-runtime picks up changes to the file dynamically (ie. without restarting the website in IIS).

Regards
    Jesper Hauge 

• Richard Hamilton 79 posts 169 karma points
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 11:44
    Richard Hamilton

Jesper, I am looking into this too. I would suggest that the only way it could pick up changes to config files is by restarted thing IIS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft