Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete 152 posts 176 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 14:40
    Pete

NiceURL returning inconsistent domains in multi-domain environment

In our dev environment we have two different domains. One the developers use for their local sites for testing, the other is used by the shared development machine that non-devs access.

I'm finding that the PrimaryNav control, which uses the same umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id) call for each nav item is sometimes returning links with the dev domain and sometimes with the shared domain. 

Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening and how to prevent it?

Cheers!

• kristian schneider 190 posts 351 karma points
    Oct 22, 2010 @ 13:10
    kristian schneider

I have the same problem in a 4.0.4.2 installation that has been copied from a dev enviroment.

I also observe that sometimes the niceurl return urls with domains which are wrong

• kristian schneider 190 posts 351 karma points
    Oct 24, 2010 @ 17:28
    kristian schneider

I found out what was causing the problems in our enviroment. We did not use domainnames as per say but ipaddreses with specific ports.

Fx. 192.168.1.1:8181 and 192.168.1.1:8282.

Now the CreateXPathQuery() in the requesthandler does not use the ports in the rewrite functionality and so it defaults to the ipaddres as "domainname".

Setting up proper domain names solved our problem

• David Dupont 61 posts 115 karma points
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 09:31
    David Dupont

Hi,

Here is a compiled version of the umbraco dll which solve that issue for 4.5.2 Release (it was already corrected in the 4.6 version).
    Get it here.

It correct the issue addressed in that workitem :
    NiceUrl link from one site to another does not always include domain name

All you have to do is to replace the dll in bin folder.

Enjoy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft