Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Taylor 3 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 13, 2016 @ 07:39
    David Taylor

Unabe to upload a .pdf file

I am unable to upload a 2MB .pdf file

Screen shot

After several attempts and reconstructing the document it still refuses to upload. It goes through the motion but the green progress bar changes to red and freezes, as shown in the screen shot above. Other docs upload with no problem.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 13, 2016 @ 17:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David and welcome to our :)

What exact version of Umbraco 6 are you using? And is it possible you can upload a larger screendump of the attached image? I'm having a hard time seeing it.

Cheers, Jan

Feb 13, 2016 @ 17:33
    David Taylor

Hi Jan Version 6.22 (Assembly version 1.0.5350.26600) enter image description here

Feb 17, 2016 @ 19:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

Sorry for the slow reply - That was a lot better :)

Can you upload other kind of files, which are the same size? Otherwise it might be the default upload limitation in .NET that you're encountering? If so then try increasing the allowed limit following Jeavons tip no. 1 from this article http://24days.in/umbraco/2013/6-easy-configuration-tweaks/

Have you checked the logfile in /App_Data/Logs to see if it provides a more detailed error description too?

/Jan

Feb 17, 2016 @ 21:40
    David Taylor

Hi Jan I obtained a duplicate document from the original source, already converted to PDF and there were no problems uploading. He informed me that he had just started using Windows 10 and wondered whether there was anything wrong with the Word document he sent me.

All other files of a similar size (2mb) had uploaded with no problems so it remains a mystery. I will look at other things as you suggest but in the meantime thanks very much for your assistance. Regards David Taylor

Feb 18, 2016 @ 05:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

You're welcome and please let us know what you find out. Indeed there is a chance that the file is somehow corrupt too as you mention.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft