Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henrik Vincent 122 posts 616 karma points
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 08:32
    Henrik Vincent

Splitting multi-site installation

Hi there.

Our company has 5 websites running in the same Umbraco installation.

It's rather old (umbraco v 4.7.1), and for the last couple of months the sites has started acting up. For example the sites go down on and off, and sometimes they're aren't displaying the full content.

So I've gotten the task of splitting these 5 sites into 5 seperate installations.

I've tried creating packages of each site, and tried loading em into a version 4.11.10 but I keep getting different errors. half the time the current website won't let me create packages and the other half of the time, when I actually get a package created, the 4.11.10 won't let me install them.

This is one of the errors I get when trying to import a package

Could not resolve a data type with id 676b15b8-93cf-48c4-87b7-889c329b3089

Another error when I try only importing the content is:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The sites are using a standard value plugin for doc types.

They have different styles, but the backend values should be the same.

I'm kinda of lost, since the guy who developed the sites, aren't with us no more and therefore I'm kinda stuck here.

I'm not sure what information more information is needed, but I really hope someone can help me, because I'm at a dead end at the moment.

Kind regards Henrik Vincent

• Alessandro Calzavara 32 posts 144 karma points c-trib
    Jul 14, 2015 @ 11:01
    Alessandro Calzavara

Just an idea: can't you duplicate the db and the filesystem for each website and remove the umbraco nodes of the other website manually?

• Henrik Vincent 122 posts 616 karma points
    Jul 29, 2015 @ 13:04
    Henrik Vincent

Sorry didn't see your reply.

What I did was, that I exported a package with the data for each site.

After that I cpoy/pasted the codes and created some new doctypes and search/replaced the doctypes in the packages and lastly imported these packages into the new Umbraco installations.

It wasn't really what I was looking for, but seemed like the simplest way to do the splits.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft