Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johnny Mogensen 3 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 09:57
    Johnny Mogensen

Having issues with 4.11. Publising failed because the parent page isn't published

Hi,

Using Ver. 4.11.1, after upgrading from 4.7.2 to 4.11.1 and testing every step, the child nodes in 4.11.1 will not publish in 4.11.1, the notifier comes with an error that the parent not is published. After downgrading to 4.10.1 the published of child nodes works again. There is no error in the Umbraco log.

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 10:02
    Drew

When you had it running on 4.11.1 did you also try republishing the entire site?
    (wondering if somehow the XML cache got mangled)

Cheers,
    - Drew 

Dec 11, 2012 @ 10:31
    Johnny Mogensen

Yep,

Yes I tried to republish entire, and published all nodes from root, but when I tried to publish any child node It failed.

Cheers,

Johnny

• Peter Svensson 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 06:42
    Peter Svensson

I'm experienceing the exact same thing. I've tried to republish the entire site using things like the gui and url's described in http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/publishing-and-republishing (the republishing gives no error).

As stated by Johnny, the log says nothing and downgrading to 4.10.1 removes the errors.

/Peter

• Peter Svensson 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 06:56
    Peter Svensson

Additional note:

Publishing any of the "root-nodes" (any node on level 1) works. If I right-click any of them, select "Publish" and check "Include unpublished child pages", all child-nodes gets published properly too.

However, if I select any child-page and click "Save and Publish" in the toolbar, the "Publising failed because the parent page isn't published" notification-error is still there.

So, republishing any page on level 1 with "Include unpublished child pages" works as a temporary workaround.

/Peter

• Rolf Johansson 53 posts 315 karma points
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 16:06
    Rolf Johansson

Same problem here with 4.11.1, first level works then nothing if we publish individual pages. This is a real breaker. :(

Dec 12, 2012 @ 21:11
    Johnny Mogensen

HI,

I have reported this as an issue on http://issues.umbraco.org.

//Johnny

• Vincent Baaij 95 posts 344 karma points c-trib
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 21:39
    Vincent Baaij

Hi,

Walked in to this problem also a couple of days ago. Found http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1212 and reopened it. A fix is now released to apply in 4.11.1. Just some DLL's to copy to your site's bin folder.

HTH

Vincent

• Vincent Baaij 95 posts 344 karma points c-trib
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 21:43
    Vincent Baaij

*sorry* double post made by IE - deleted it

• Rolf Johansson 53 posts 315 karma points
    Dec 13, 2012 @ 14:28
    Rolf Johansson

Sebastian writes in U4-1212; "If you need this update now, the attached patched dll's are of the fixed code applied directly on the 4.11.1 release version." and when we apply the patches the problem still exists. I guess Sebastian means this was added in 4.11.1 so there will be no difference when patching 4.11.1. :)

The new issue Johnny posted is http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1312 btw.

• Dick Gennissen 5 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 19, 2016 @ 16:34
    Dick Gennissen

We encountered a similar issue with an old installation (version 4.11.10) today and have found the answer to this issue. In our case there was a subpage and children that were not publishable any more. The subpage was published, but all its children kept telling us the parent was unpublised.

We found out that Umbraco does a check for the publication of the parent through this query:

select count(node.id) - count(doc.nodeid)
      from umbracoNode as node 
      left join cmsDocument as doc on (node.id=doc.nodeId and doc.published=1)
      where '{PARENTPATH}' like node.path + ',%'
      and node.nodeObjectType= '{PARENTOBJECTTYPE}'

With changing this query to select node.* we found out that there was a child with the same path as out parent. This cannot happen normally, so we changed the path of this child to the correct path manually in the DB. After this, our problem was solved.

Why the path was incorrent is still unknown, but I have never seen this issue before. So we hope it will not happen again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft