Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 15:10
    Garrett Fisher

How To Run Vanilla *.aspx/*.aspx.cs Pages Under Umbraco

My question says it all--

Here's my setup.  I need to maintain some functionality of a small, self-contained pre-existing webapp that runs via an *.aspx file with a *.cs CodeFile.  I have placed these files in a new folder I've created in the root called /legacy.  What is required to make this work?  I remember from a previous project something about adding the path to reserved paths in the web.config like this:

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/,~/legacy" />

But I've done that and I still get all kinds of errors when I try to access the page in the browser.  What other configuration(s) am I missing?  Do I need to "tell" Umbraco to ignore these pages?  How?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

//Garrett

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 14:18
    Drew

What errors are you getting?

Do you know if the page itself is being hit?
    If Umbraco is still handling the request (which it shouldn't as you've added it to the list of reserved paths) - you would get the standard 404 page served up by your Umbraco site.

Maybe create a simple .aspx page with "hello world" text on it, in the same legacy directory and then try to visit that - can you access the page?
    (if so, the errors may be thrown by your  legacy .aspx page itself).

It's also worth checking that you don't have any URL rewrite rules set up (such as in your web.config) that might be conflicting with the reserved path/URL structure or rewriting a requested /legacy URL.

Cheers,
    Drew 

• Christian Wendler 46 posts 155 karma points
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 19:21
    Christian Wendler

Garrett, does your webapp have its own web.config? If yes, you'll have to do some more steps to make it work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft