Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 09:11
    ssougnez

Improve Angular performances

Hi,

by looking at the HTML code generated for the Umbraco back office, I noticed that Angular was not configured to disable debugging information. Is that on purpose? To allow some kind of Chrome extension to work with Umbraco or something?

If there is no specific reason why not to turn it off, I think it might be interesting to do it by configuration the compiler provider in the "run" method of the app like this:

$compileProvider.debugInfoEnabled(false);

This would remove all the "ng-scope", "ng-isolated-scope", ... from the HTML and would result in a not negligible performance improvement.

Note that I started learning Umbraco on Monday and this is just something I noticed. I already apologize if the suggestion does not make sense :-D

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 10:38
    Shannon Deminick

interesting, i wonder if that is a thing that is even supported in the angular version we are using?

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 10:43
    ssougnez

Ouch, you're right, I forgot to take a look at that and from what I see, you're using the 1.1.5 (man, that's pretty old :-D).

Indeed, this functionality is only available as of Angular 1.3.

Well... Just put this post somewhere not to forget when updating angular version :-D

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 10:48
    Shannon Deminick

Yeah it's unfortunate that they had so many breaking changes in the 1.x series. In v8 the plan is to update to the latest 1.x so we can definitely integrate that.

There is already an active dev-v8 branch but the upgrade hasn't begun yet so unfortunately submitting a PR won't quite work just yet .

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft