Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TheLogan 16 posts 120 karma points
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 13:43
    TheLogan

Typos in the tutorial

I couldn't figure out how else to send a bug report, so I hope this can reach the people it needs to reach from here. :)

As I'm completely new to Umbraco, I just went through the tutorials in my local version of Embraco, and I noticed a few typos and things I'd change, so I decided to list them all out:

Introduction

4/12

"This is the Tree ->and<- is the main navigation inside a section." - which/it

5/12

"->A<- dashboard is the main view you are presented with when entering a section" - The

"->and can be<- used to show valuable information " - they are

10/12

"->help<- drawer" - in other places help has been uppercase as "Help drawer", it should be consistent.

Create document type

1/18

"This will define ->were<- content" - where

"and this content can ->the<- be used in a template" - then

3/18

"->Hover <- the Document" - Hover over

If you click the tutorial text box instead, it will continue and in doing so break the tutorial.

4/18

"You will use the template ->in<- a later tour" - on

"a later tour -><- render content." - to

9/18

"On our Home Page we ->wan't<- to add a welcome text." - want

13/18

"one of the many ->build in editor<-." - built-in editors

15/18

"For the textarea editor you can set a ->charachter<- limit" - character

16/18

"Click Submit to save the editor." - is it really the editor you're saving? Perhaps 'submit the changes' would be better?

Create Content

3/7

"Open the context menu by ->hovering<- the root of the content section." - hovering over

The Media library

3/14

"->Hover <-the media" - Hover over

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 13:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi TheLogan and welcome to our.

Thanks for letting us know these typos in the tutorial much appreciated. Since you have found those, I also think that you should have credit for the fix.

Did you know that you can create a pull request to the documentation on Our its super easy you just need to have an GitHub account and then you can simple just click the edit button and make your change.

See this blogpost, https://umbraco.com/blog/sofies-docs-diary-how-best-to-contribute/ and let me know if you have further questions.

Then I will be more than happy to help you starting contributing to the documentation on Our.

/Dennis

Mar 27, 2018 @ 14:08
    TheLogan

Thanks for letting me know, I'll go and do it right now! :)

Mar 27, 2018 @ 14:12
    Dennis Aaen

Hi TheLogan,

That is super #h5yr.

Please let me know if you have any questions about how to contribute, then I will be more than happy to help.

/Dennis

Mar 27, 2018 @ 15:00
    TheLogan

Hah, took me a while to actually find the right file, but I've found and edited it now! :D

Mar 27, 2018 @ 15:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi TheLogan,

First congratulations with your first contribution. Its fantastic that you find the typos at first place, and now you have also contributed to the Umbraco documentation.

Thanks for the update - and happy that I could help you to learn how to contribute #h5yr.

/Dennis

Mar 27, 2018 @ 15:39
    TheLogan

Thank you very much! :)

h5yr

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft