Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mario Lopez 168 posts 952 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 09, 2017 @ 23:02
    Mario Lopez

Issue installing from dev-7

I just pulled the dev-7 branch and, when I try to install, the installer stops in the Codegarden photo. I get a 404 error on the console for install.loader.js

Any idea what's going on? It's just me or there is actually an issue with the file?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 10, 2017 @ 07:50
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Usually, the frontend files didn't build (correctly).

In Visual Studio, go to View > Other Windows > Task Runner explorer and when that pops up double click on the build task.

After that is done, make sure web.config has debug="true" set and if it still doesn't load maybe try clearing your browser cache or try in a different (clean) browser.

I assume you checked that the file is actually there. :-)

enter image description here

enter image description here

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 10, 2017 @ 23:03
    Ben Palmer

Hi Mario,

Just thought I'd throw another suggestion at you in case Sebastiaan's answer doesn't work (although he's surely the expert here!).

I set up the same branch today and worked fine so something probably went wrong with one of the steps. Did you Powershell into the root of the repo and run build\build.ps1 from a Powershell? I had to run that, then follow up by running build.bat in the Powershell too.

Try that then a clean and rebuild, might help.

• Mario Lopez 168 posts 952 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 12, 2017 @ 22:33
    Mario Lopez

I think I had a big mess in my repo, I deleted everything, cloned again and followed all the steps that Ben and Sebastiaan suggested. All working now :)

Thanks for your help guys.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft