Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Nov 17, 2016 @ 12:26
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Build angularjs changes using gruntfile

Hi all,

I am working on an issue and I made some changes to angularjs file umbraco.controller.js.

But I gues I need to run some grunt task before these changes take effect correct?

Can someone guide me which task I need to use? Is there some documentation available about the grunt tasks?

/Michaël

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 17, 2016 @ 12:29
    Lars-Erik Aabech

You should only edit code in the Umbraco.Web.UI.Client project. When you run the grunt task "vs" from Task Runner Explorer (View/Other windows), all the JS code from that project is bundled and copied over to Umbraco.Web.UI.

You could always prototype in that Umbraco.controllers.js file, but it can't be PR'd like that.

I usually run the tasks "watch-js" and "watch-html" to have just that bundled and copied each time I save something. You could also do some of the "copy" tasks, but that'll be more manual clicking than waiting for the watch tasks to complete. :)

• Andy Butland 422 posts 2334 karma points MVP 4x hq c-trib
    Nov 17, 2016 @ 12:30
    Andy Butland

You don't what to change that file Michael, it's built as part of the grunt tasks you are referring to. Instead you need to make your changes within the Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\src folder.

You run grunt build within the Umbraco.Web.UI.Client folder to get your changes to build and be copied to the running Umbraco instance.

Docs for more details are here.

Andy

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 17, 2016 @ 12:30

Think umbraco.controller.js is a comination of several files so , what did you change ? Might be able to point you in the correct direction :)

Nov 17, 2016 @ 12:41
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

I am working on issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9183

Where the list is empty be default using the multienode treepicker when the parent node is setup as a listview.

So I gues it has something to do with the treecontroller.

Any guidelines for my fist PR are welcome!

/Michaël

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 17, 2016 @ 12:44
    Lars-Erik Aabech

I think you can find a few of the files you're looking for around these paths:

src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\src\views\propertyeditors\contentpicker
    src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\src\views\components\overlays
    src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\src\views\common\overlays\treepicker

Not quite sure you're after contentpicker. You can learn a bit from the overlay stuff. I'm pretty sure there's interesting stuff in the treepicker folder. :P But at least, these are good starting points to get your bearing.

Nov 17, 2016 @ 12:50
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Interesting!

Thanks for the headsup! After some digging into it, it will become more clear I hope! :p

/Michaël

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft