Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 14:22
    Biagio Paruolo

Why Do not add this page properties by default?

Hi,

Why Umbraco staff does not add this page properties by default ( see image )? Every time we must create this properties.

Thank you

enter image description here

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 14:24
    Shannon Deminick

This doesn't make sense to have for all items, but there should be a nicer way (i.e. like a button or something) to add these for you

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 15:16
    Dan Diplo

Could you create a composition by default that has them? Then people can choose to add this to relevant doc types? Just a thought. But I agree with Shannon that not every page would want these.

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 14:30
    Biagio Paruolo

Could be a feature for the next Umbraco version?

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 14:54
    Shannon Deminick

It would certainly make a very nice community driven feature, please feel free to add this to the tracker with requirements and mark as up-for-grabs

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 15:12
    Damiaan

If you do not know where the tracker is, that is on http://issues.umbraco.org :-)

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 15:29
    Nicholas Westby

I find most of these to be between suboptimal to annoying.

• umbracoNaviHide I tend to hide different things depending on what I'm displaying. For example, some things will be hidden from the XML sitemap, while other things will be hidden from the HTML sitemap, while other things will be hidden from the primary navigation, while other things will be hidden from the secondary navigation. This one field to handle these things doesn't scale well to different scenarios.
    • umbracoRedirect Now that there is a dashboard in Umbraco 7.5 to handle redirects, I suspect this would not be necessary any longer.
    • umbracoUrlAlias / umbracoUrlName / umbracoInternalRedirectId I forget which it is, but I believe one of these fields (or a similar one) basically allows you to create a page in one location (e.g., under about > company), but then have that page render for another URL (e.g., /alternate-url). I've found this makes it very difficult to find where that page actually exists in the content tree, and I've only seen this used in scenarios where a vanity URL would be more appropriate (i.e., a redirect rather than a rewrite).

I agree with Shannon that these shouldn't be included by default.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft