View the Umbraco Roadmap
The following roadmap is currently being worked on by the Core team and takes into account comments and suggestions given during the Open Space sessions at CodeGarden, as well as from the Umbraco Development Group at Google.
The roadmap does not feature scheduled patch releases as they will be regularly released every month, their focus is to fix bugs and will not introduce major new features. Specific information about patch releases can be found on the releases page.
"Template experience update"
- New script and template editors
- New Colors
- Improved content/media/member picker experience
- Support for list view pickers
- New “UDI” ids for unique relation between umbraco items
- Improved security defaults
Read the blog post about the 7.6.0 release.
Make sure to follow the general upgrade guide AND the version specific upgrade guide - there may be some breaking changes for you in this release.
Important if you are upgrading an existing site: for the best results:
- In web.config do NOT change useLegacyEncoding to false if it is currently set to true - changing the password encoding will cause you not being able to log in any more
- In umbracoSettings.config leave EnablePropertyValueConverters set to false - this will help your existing content queries to still work
Breaking changes: 14
Tuesday, May 2 2017
The User Improvements Edition
Breaking changes: 0
- New cache
- Code cleanup
- Latest minor Angular JS (still 1.x)
- UX Redesign
- GUID all the things
- Examine v2
Breaking changes: 76
TBD (likely end of 2017)