v8.0.0Status: In Progress
39% complete 61% in progress
Target release date: TBD
- New cache
- Code cleanup
- Latest minor Angular JS (still 1.x)
- UX Redesign
- GUID all the things
- Examine v2
Related changes from the issue tracker
- U4-3960 - Ability to lazy load assets on section change - so we wait until the assets are loaded for a custom section
- U4-7066 - Allow for better and easier organization of template (view) files including macro views, etc...
- U4-5287 - Real Member's Name not available in events when a member is first created/persisted due to membership provider logic when they are created.
- U4-5811 - remove umbraco.interfaces project - migrate required interfaces to an appropriate location
- U4-5819 - Remove installedPackages.config and move and createdPackages into App_Data/packages instead of having it's own personal subfolder.
- U4-6231 - Move all Umbraco.Web.WebServices back office controllers to be proper back office controllers
- U4-6899 - Change UmbracoHelper.TagQuery to return ITagQuery instead of the current hack to return a non interface
- U4-8227 - Change Umbraco.Core.Models.Mapping.MapperConfiguration and Umbraco.Core.Models.Mapping.IMapperConfiguration implementations
- U4-8545 - Refactor MigrationRunner to accept a MigrationContext along with all Migrations to be created with IoC
- U4-8723 - Remove the AllowManuallyChangingPassword flag for users/members - this used to be for backwards compat reasons only
Issues & Tasks
- U4-4748 - Clean up ContentService & MediaService so that any given method that executes performs all of it's CRUD in a single transaction - currently there are several methods that call other transactional methods such as Move (which is a fairly bad one)
- U4-5018 - Update IUnitOfWorkRepository to have return values from all methods to describe changed entities
- U4-5514 - Move language configs to the /Config/Lang folder instead of being buried in the /umbraco/config/lang folder
- U4-6872 - Implement Event Messages for all remaining Services where required - especially the content types so that the UI works with new editors
- U4-8178 - IUserService requires more options for GetAll so we can use SQL to filter the results of GetAll
- U4-8226 - Remove all unused/un-needed webforms files from the Umbraco.Web and Umbraco.Web.UI projects
- U4-8386 - Examine v2 has an issue with WasIndexCreated() which causes an index to rebuild sometimes when a single node is indexed
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites. They're available from:
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: http://our.umbraco.org
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and use the “Affected versions” field to set it to 8.0.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it an extra vote.