This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 4438 times - uploaded 18 March 2016
Bugfixing on the 7.4.1 release.
Follow the normal installation guidelines.
Upgrading from 7.3.x / 7.4 pre-releases
Note: If you're upgrading manually: make sure to merge both web.config in the root AND the web.config in the Views folder and Dashboard.config/trees.config in the Config folder.
Note: if you're doing a NuGet upgrade from 7.4.0-RC1 then your web.config will be overwritten completely, make sure to back it up first and then restore it after NuGet is done working. This will not happen in future upgrades and only affects upgrading from this one specific version 7.4.0-RC1. You will also lose the App_Browsers folder, make sure to copy those files back in too.
Upgrading from 7.1.x or 7.2.x
There are a few minor breaking changes in this release, listed below. Make sure to go through them before you upgrade.
Upgrading through NuGet
NuGet upgrades will handle everything for you automatically, so you only need to follow the general upgrade guide.
Related changes from the issue tracker
Issues & Tasks
- U4-5797 - Adding properties to a composition DocType after it has been used in content results in new property not working
- U4-7708 - Using a RTE Macro Partial Form (SurfaceController) & Doctype Hijack Controller causes problem with submissions
- U4-8017 - Error upgradering 7.3.5 to 7.4.0 with MySQL 5.6, AddUniqueIdPropertyTypeGroupColumn migration fails.
- U4-8024 - Unable to use MvcBuildViews since 7.4.0 upgrade because 'umbraco.cms.presentation.create.controls.content' has been removed
- U4-8027 - ApplicationContext.Current.ApplicationCache.RequestCache changed to being implemented by NullCacheProvider in v7.3.6 resulting in request cache always returning null
- U4-8036 - Umbraco.MultiNodeTreePicker checkbox doesn't appear after selecting something from list view
- U4-8168 - Cannot re-order/move locked property types - such as the locked/system member type properties
- U4-8179 - Umbraco.MultiNodeTreePicker member picker does not allow picking of Member nodes from a Member
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites. They're available from:
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: http://our.umbraco.org
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and use the “Affected versions” field to set it to 7.4.2.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it an extra vote.
The source for this specific release is available for download from the repository (click the "ZIP" button).