This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 6530 times - uploaded 21 November 2013
Blogs about pre-release versions of v7
Upgrading from Version 6
This is a major version, there are therefore several things you must be aware of before attempting to upgrade a site.
Upgrading from older versions?
- The version-specific upgrade guide be followed in conjunction with the general guide mentioned above
- A brand new design of the entire application
- All new client-side layer, built on AngularJS and Twitter Bootstrap
- New Content, Media, Member and datatype editors
- Search driven navigation
- Better media handling and upload support
- List-views for big content collections
- Everything is faster
Besides the main points above, we've been tweaking every possible part of the application CSS, js and images, making this the fastest version ever.
Documentation for developers
With the shift towards AngularJS and with an entirely new way to build editors, property editors (the artists formerly known as datatypes and datatype editors) and to extend the UI, we have a (temporary) home for Umbraco 7 documentation
NOTE: However, please note that all serverside APIs are the same as in Version 6.x - in case we had to make any changes to them in v7, these have also been made to v6.2.0.
There are several breaking changes, consult the Umbraco 7 upgrade documentation for further infomation
- Old property editors do not work anymore
- Old macro parameter editors do not work anymore
- Legacy API events have been disabled
- Legacy tree events have been disabled
- All configuration files have changed and must be migrated
- All code marked as obsolete since Version 4 has been removed
- There is no ImageCropper Property editor
- The Related Links property editor uses a new data format for xslt
- Complete list of breaking changes on the issue tracker
Related changes from the issue tracker
- U4-2851 - v7 Tags system / db structure updated with new backwards compatible property editor + db upgrade script
- U4-2858 - Request - Too many clicks to create content. Please add create content button/icon in main content slide-out panel
- U4-1897 - 'umbraco.GlobalSettings.UseMediumTrust' is obsolete: 'This property is no longer used and will be removed in future versions
- U4-2536 - Legacy document, media events will not fire anymore because everything is done using the new API
- U4-2850 - Cannot open legacy editors in a standalone window without being loaded within the main app
- U4-2873 - Change cmsMacroProperty table to reference an alias for the property type and remove cmsMacroPropertyType
- U4-2878 - Add ResetDirtyProperties(bool rememberPreviouslyChangedProperties) to interface IRememberBeingDirty
Issues & Tasks
- U4-1988 - Remove rasterized labels from the backoffice Tray Sprites spritemap, add into markup as actual text
- U4-2473 - Installer throws examine exception: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'
- U4-2658 - Have to look at the new property editor structure and see how we can write raw xml to the umb config file since I think we allow that currently
- U4-2661 - Create styles to apply to tree nodes: 'dimmed' (not published), protected, has saved revisions pending publishing
- U4-2665 - Create the ability for developers to drop in their own icon sprites for use with doc/media types
- U4-2666 - Change the drop down for selecting an icon/thumbnail for doc/media types to display the new list of icons to choose from
- U4-2672 - Fix how trees are rendered when a start node is applied, the Content/Media titles must always be visible
- U4-2673 - Need to look into the packaging compatibility - property editors have changed and the db structure has changed
- U4-2674 - We should deal with 400 status errors (when someone puts a wrong route value in like 'undefined' instead of a real id
- U4-2678 - Fix logging out and then logging in as another user, the sections, etc... do not get updated.
- U4-2751 - Check that when publishing keys for drop down list prop eds that if we change a value that the id remains constistent
- U4-2778 - FileUploadValueEditor - need to create pre-values like we had in v6 including thumb sizes.
- U4-2959 - Fix the BackwardsCompatibleData class to use the XML converter to property support the legacy business logic APIs when formatting XML
- U4-2962 - With the new editor name changes it doesn't clearly show you validation errors when you have an empty name
- U4-2979 - Right hand panel too tall and has no scrollbar when editing a template and inserting an Umbraco field
- U4-2989 - Username & password must be changed if login credentials are invalid in order to submit again.
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites. They're available from:
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: http://our.umbraco.org
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and use the “Affected versions” field to set it to 7.0.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it an extra vote.
The source for this specific release is available for download from the repository (click the "ZIP" button).