Follow these steps to install a package into your Umbraco website:
- Login to Umbraco
- Goto the Developer section
- From the tree expand the Packages folder
- From here there are two ways to install a package
- Select Install local package OR browse the Umbraco Package Respository
- If you install local package, you do not unzip the package but load the zip into Umbraco.
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Feature request: it's rarely clear when upgrading a package (say upgrading uComponents from 5.3 to 5.4.1) whether to just install a new local package, or whether the original package should be uninstalled first. Often, installing the upgraded package adds a duplicate node in the "Installed packages" list, which gets confusing. If there was a way for Umbraco to do its own cleanup of installed packages so that upgrades simply replace the previous versions, would be awesome.