Version 2.0 is a rewrite of the data-type to use the Google Map v3 API, you are no longer required to assign an API key for your domain(s).
This release is for use with Umbraco 4.7+ using .NET 4.0. If you are using an older version of Umbraco, please download version 1.2 (from the archives below).
- Supports multiple maps in a single Umbraco document type.
- Maps can also be placed in separate content tabs.
- Pins can be dragged and dropped for extra accuracy.
- Location searches return multiple matches and allow you to select by choosing the appropriate pin.
- A default location can be set per data-type instance.
- Change the height/width of the map.
- Clear map location once set.
For information on rendering maps on the front-end of your Umbraco website, please read Darren's blog post.
There have been several reports of the Google Map not appearing within the back-office. We have pin-pointed this to be an issue with the Client Dependency Framework. To workaround this issue, we have added an option to disable its use.
<add key="GoogleMaps:DisableClientDependency" value="true"/>