Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• thornton 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 15, 2010 @ 08:20
    thornton

Porting existing site to Umbraco

Could someone point me to documentation detailing how to port an existing site to Umbraco? I have a site created using html, css and js. How do I pull this into Umbraco and start editing it? Is this possible or do i have to rebuild my site in Umbraco?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 15, 2010 @ 09:55
    Dirk De Grave

Don't think there's much docs on this topic, but would suggest to look into the FREE intro vids on umbraco.tv to get you started and get familiar with the umbraco building block being document types, templates, macros...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jun 15, 2010 @ 10:11
    Seth Niemuth

Umbraco takes HTML, CSS, and js directly (not some specialized templates, but just standard masterpages). I would recommend just splitting the 'template' (navigation, header, footer) from the content (body text traditionally in the center of the page). If it is lots and lots of page then you will need a way to split that content from the template part of your HTML pages then you could use something like cms import: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/cmsimport.

• thornton 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 16, 2010 @ 01:56
    thornton

Thanks Dirk, I have looked at some intro videos and am familiar with the doc types, templates etc. But this would mean that I would have to build my website from scratch in Umbraco. Is there a simpler way around this? 

• Benjamin Kennington 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jul 05, 2014 @ 13:52
    Benjamin Kennington

hey I know its 4 years later but was anything ever implemented at umbraco to handle this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft