Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 15:40
    Martin

Macro wont render in RTE

Hello

I've made a very simple macro that returns a string. When I insert the macro in the Rich Text Editor I get a "No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing", but the macro renders fine on the homepage after I do a save and publish.

How can I get the macro to render in the RTE also?

• Christian Werther 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 15:54
    Christian Werther

Just posted an topic on the same issue.. hope somebody know what to do

Jun 13, 2010 @ 01:19
    Martin

Well..

One step closer now.

The problem seems to be, that the RTE is not getting the actual result from the macro, but instead a redirect javascript. The javascript contain this code: "window.top.location.href='login.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco%2fmacroResultWrapper.aspx..."

The method MacroContentByHttp is trying to parse this code by finding a <!-- grab start --> and grap end tag, but these tags only exists in the resultwrapper page and not in the redirect javascript page.

Is this a bug in the CMS, or is at because I've configured IIS wrong in some way os it's not redirecting properly?

Again, the macros is parsed correcly on the homepage, it's only in the RTE that they're not parsed.

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Jun 13, 2010 @ 03:58
    skiltz

Have you ticked the "Render content in editor" in the macro properties?

Jun 13, 2010 @ 14:59
    Martin

Hi Skiltz

Yes I have ticked that flag. Without the flag sat I'm getting the "This macro does not provides rendering in WYSIWYG editor" message, and with the flag I'm getting "No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing.".

The problem seems to be, that the macroresultwrapper.aspx is getting called without the right credentials, so the call is getting redirected to login.aspx. But the RTE doesn't support this. Actually the "no macro content..." message is comming from an exception in the code. In macro.cs the code is trying to find a <!-- grab start --> end grab end tag. These tags are surrounding the output of the macro in macroresultwrapper.aspx, but I'm not getting that output. Instead I recieve a javascript trying to redirect me to the login.aspx page, as if a wasn't logged in.. with I am ofcouse when I'm using the backend.

I'm pretty sure it has to be an error in my configuration somehow. Either in IIS or in the web.config.

I'm getting the same error in 4.0.4.2 and 4.0.4.1, and on both vista and Windows Server 2003.

• Fengelz 106 posts 221 karma points
    Jun 14, 2010 @ 09:23
    Fengelz

I think perhaps we had the same problem on our solution after upgrading to 4.0.4. Maybe we should report this as a bug?

- Sune

Jun 14, 2010 @ 12:43
    Martin

Hello Sune

We proberly should yes. I've just created a new website on the same server and installed version 4.0.2.1 of umbraco, and there everything works as it should. The macros are getting rendered fine in the editor, but in version 4.0.4.1 and 4.0.4.2 they're not getting rendered in the editor.

/Martin

Jun 14, 2010 @ 15:53
    Fengelz

Ok

I'll create a topic in the bugs forum and reference this thread.

• ansergeyg 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 16:59
    ansergeyg

Hi, Guys! Sorry for asking again, but how did you solve this problem? I am a newb, and don't really know how to solve this problem. Please give me a link or a solve of this problem.

Thanks

Jul 01, 2010 @ 14:09
    Fengelz

We "solved" the problem by rolling back to version 4.0.2.

So it actually depends on how important this feature is for your site.

• Simon Kibsgård 62 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 03, 2010 @ 10:16
    Simon Kibsgård

Hi Guys

A link for the bug topic? I would like to subscribe to it too :-)

Jul 04, 2010 @ 14:34
    Martin

Hey Simon

Here's a link to the bug forum where Sune created this topic: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/9824-No-macro-content-available-for-WYSIWYG-editing

As far as I know, noone commented it yet :/

/Martin

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Jul 06, 2010 @ 16:23
    Stephen

See my reply in the aforementionned topic in the bug forum.

The bug is identified.

• Simon Kibsgård 62 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 06, 2010 @ 22:57
    Simon Kibsgård

Thanks. Cool.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft