Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikael Mørup 297 posts 326 karma points
    May 09, 2010 @ 22:43
    Mikael Mørup

Strange IE problem

I have a Umbraco  (4.0.2.1) site, in this site i have a page that contains a .net usercontrol. This page is shown in an Iframe in another site (not Umbraco).

In my user control i have a standard asp.net button and in the codebehind for the button i do a lot of stuff and then i want to redirect to another page in my Umbraco site,  in other words i want to change the source of the Iframe to another page in the same umbraco site as the original page in the Iframe

My user control is inside a <form runat="server"> tag, this tag is in the Umbraco template. The template only contains this tag and the macro that implements my user control.

Of course response.redirect does not work in an Iframe, so i use javascript to do the redirect.

I have tried about 15 different variations of java script to redirect to the other page, almost everything i have tried works in Fire Fox, but none of them works in IE.

Does anbody know how i can do this so it works in both IE and other browsers ?

I have no (or very little) control of the site where the Iframe is :-(

Thanks

Mikael

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft