Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• UmbracoNovice 15 posts 50 karma points
    Apr 17, 2010 @ 21:56
    UmbracoNovice

Add existing files into Umbraco

Hello

I have an existing Umbraco 4 installation. I need to add a number of files which have been submitted via an SEO company which I can't see how to add. They are things like a google sitemap and its own xsl and some other xml files.

Is it possible to copy these into the file structure via windows explorer? Or is there another way I can add them in

Many thanks

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Apr 17, 2010 @ 22:23
    Kim Andersen

Hi Simon

If you have some kind of access to the filesystem, either through FTP, remote destop etc. you can just put your sitemap in the root of your website-folder.

Another option could be that you create the Sitemap yourself with XSLT. But if the Sitemap is already made, and aren't going to change you can just upload the file(s) to you Umbraco-website-folder.

/Kim A

• UmbracoNovice 15 posts 50 karma points
    Apr 17, 2010 @ 22:57
    UmbracoNovice

Hello Kim

Thanks for the quick reply. So the website folder thats the /Umbraco folder within the actual Umbraco installation?

Thanks

Simon 

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Apr 21, 2010 @ 22:01
    Kim Andersen

The website folder, is the folder that contains folders like: bin, css, masterpages, media, script, umbraco etc. The website folder also contains the web.config and default.aspx.

So you can drop your sitemap.xml at the same level as all of the above mentioned folders/files.

Hope this makes the whole thing a little more clear to you Simon :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft