Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joey Kincer 51 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 17, 2010 @ 05:06
    Joey Kincer

Macro in RTE - user permissions

I'm trying to run a multi-website environment within one installation of Umbraco. While it works mostly very well, I did have one question.

I have multiple macros in the Macro folder, each belonging to different websites. And with that, I have several users with permissions set to only view their own websites. My issue is when you use the Insert Macro button in the Rich Text Editor for content, you see ALL macros, including the ones for different websites. Obviously they all have to be checked as "Use in Editor" but I don't want them all showing up for a client.

Is there a way to set some kind of permissions on the user and/or macro and limit which ones show up for a particular user in the RTE? I've been all up and down the different sections and can't find anything...

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Mar 17, 2010 @ 11:16
    Seth Niemuth

I haven't heard of a way to set different user permissions for items in the RTE (such as adding macros). If you have different document types, you could create new data types that use the rich text editor in the backend and remove the add macros button. This isn't a very good solution because it is an all or nothing (either all the macros or none of the macros) and only if you are using different document types for the content nodes for the specific users that you want to restrict macros on. From a usability standpoint, you could prefix the macro names so that the user will have more of an indication of what website the macro is for.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft