Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Torben Warberg Rohde 35 posts 89 karma points
    Mar 09, 2010 @ 17:44
    Torben Warberg Rohde

Templates not showing in back-end after v3 to v4 upgrade

I'm doing a test run of an upgrade to an old site that needs to be upgraded from v3.0.0 rc1 to 4.0.3.
    The site has lots of ancient custom-coded goodies.... oh the horror (but that's another story :-)

After upgrading, the masterpages are not showing up in the backend. When I click on the root template node nothing appears.

When I look in the database, all the cmsTemplate rows are there.
    In the "masterpages" folder some of them are present, and seems to my untrained eye to have been converted correctly (why only some, and not all is not clear to me).
    The cmsTemplate table has a row called design. All the rows have the value of the non-converted version - even the ones that are present in the masterpages folder.

There are a lot of other issues as well, such as all the document types generating and error when clicking them in the backend. But I think the missing templates might be causing a lot of them (the doc type references templates etc.).

Does anyone have any hints for tracking down the problem?

• Torben Warberg Rohde 35 posts 89 karma points
    Mar 11, 2010 @ 11:27
    Torben Warberg Rohde

Found the solution for both the "templates do not appear in backend" and "doctype can not be edited" problems.

The template alias contained forward slashes, so Umbraco tried to write the template to a non existing folder (e.g. alias "article/supercampaign" attempted to write to "/masterpages/article/supercampaign.master".
    By replacing all "/" with e.g. "_" the file was written as "/masterpages/article_supercampaign.master" instead, and both template and doc-types now work in the backend.... on to the next issue :o)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft