Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henrik 5 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 15:47
    Henrik

Add YouTube in TinyMCE. How to do?

I have tried to add a YouTube video in the TinyMCE editor.

First I tried to add a YouTube Button to TinyMCE, describe here

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/add-youtube-button-to-tinymce.

For some reason the button only appears in the developer module but not in the content module. I messed around with this, but could not find a solution.

Then I tried to create a macro with this XSLT, which I found in the Umbraco forum.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE xsl:Stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>

<xsl:stylesheet

version="1.0"

xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"

xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"

xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library"

exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

<!-- Input the documenttype you want here -->

<xsl:variable name="videoSti" select="concat(substring-before(/macro/videoSti, '/watch'), '/watch/v/', substring-before(substring-after(/macro/videoSti, 'v='), '&amp;'))" />

<xsl:template match="/">

<!-- start writing XSLT -->

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie"><xsl:attribute name="value"><xsl:value-of select="$videoSti" /></xsl:attribute></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="320" height="265"><xsl:attribute name="src"><xsl:value-of select="$videoSti" /></xsl:attribute></embed></object>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

In the content module the macro can be inserted, and every ting looks fine. But on the web pages there is no video – the youtube does not exist at all.

I am a total novice at making websites, but I hope someone can help me. What have I missed?

I am working on Umbraco Vol3.

Best regards.

• Ranjit J. Vaity 66 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 19:16
    Ranjit J. Vaity

Hi Henrik,

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for....

Is it just one single video you want to display on a page?

Or you wish to achieve something else like reading data(Video name and actual flv file path) from Child pages and play videos on the parent page?

Please elaborate yourself...

Regards,

Ranjit J. Vaity 

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 19:53
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Henrik,

First, just to confirm, are you using Umbraco v3?

Do you think it's possible to upgrade to v4? Because if you can, it opens much more possibilities for you... for instance, you can use the YouTube DataType or Designit Video Embed packages.

The wiki article you mentioned (which I wrote) does explain how to add the TincyMCE YouTube plugin/button ... try double-checking that the filepaths to the images and JavaScript are correct.  Failing that there should be a "Flash media" button option in the RichText Editor data-type settings?

If you manage to get the YouTube video embedded in your content (TinyMCE editor), then you shouldn't need a macro to display the OBJECT/EMBED tags ... it should be outputted automatically.

My advice would be to see if you can upgrade to v4 ... if you can.

Good luck, Lee.

Mar 04, 2010 @ 09:22
    Henrik

Hallo

Thanks for your answer.

@ Ranjit. I want to insert one or more videos on several pages. On page “A” I want to have video “1” – and on page “B” I want to have video “2” and “3” and so on.

It is not so important how it is done.

@Lee. Yes it is v3 I am using, in 3 weeks I am going to update to v4. So perhaps I should just wait with the videos until I am ready with v4 – as you suggests.

I just have this funny feeling, sins I am so inexperienced, that there is something total obviously that I am missing.

Best regards

Henrik

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Mar 04, 2010 @ 11:21
  • Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Mar 04, 2010 @ 11:23
    Rik Helsen

The link seems to bread, here is the link to the package download:

http://our.umbraco.org/FileDownload?id=521

last try to paste the link (who puts comma's in url's anyway???):

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/oembed-macro---easy-embed-youtube,-flickr,-vimeo-etc
    Mar 05, 2010 @ 11:33
    Henrik

I have also looked at ”Oembed” as Rik suggests. I was not sure if it also would work in Umbraco3.

Anyway the macro I first tried myself ought to function the same way. But as I wrote – in Umbraco it looks OK but on the webpage it does not exist. –  not even in the source code.

I will try with Oembed late next week when I have a Testing Environment running. The site where I want to display videos is a live site.

Best regards

Henrik

Mar 16, 2010 @ 09:42
    Henrik

Now I have  upgrade to v4. Now everyting works just fine.

best regards

Henrik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft