Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• FONQI 10 posts 30 karma points
    Dec 14, 2009 @ 16:48
    FONQI

<hr /> richtext ediot issue

Have anybody experienced that a <hr /> in an rich text editor field get's deleted upon "save" and "save & publish" ?

It gets deleted when i create it by clicking the default button, when writing it in the html editor, it stays.
    I need for the client to be able to create the <hr /> using the button - therefore i can't just write it in the html editor :) - i've got styling on the <hr /> - but it's not my belive that it's got anything to do with it.

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Dec 14, 2009 @ 16:56
    dandrayne

You may need to add it to the list of allowed elemnts in config/tinymcesettings.config, then do a web.config restart (touch and re-save the web.config).

Dan

Dec 14, 2009 @ 16:56
    dandrayne

Just read that you have styling - you'll need to allow this in the config file - http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration/valid_elements

Dec 15, 2009 @ 09:27
    FONQI

Hmm - evertything schould be in the most beautiful order now, but still got no result out of it.

can't find the web.config, it should not be in the config folder?

Dec 15, 2009 @ 10:38
    FONQI

Hmm - found the web.config - in the tiny config i would expect that this were the correct way to do it or am i off on this ?

,-hr[id|style|dir|class|align],

then also allowing it here

<command>
    <umbracoAlias>inserthorizontalrule</umbracoAlias>
    <icon>images/editor/hr.gif</icon>
    <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="hr">hr</tinyMceCommand>
    <priority>71</priority>
    </command>

Dec 15, 2009 @ 10:43
    dandrayne

From the page above

"-" Enables removal of empty elements such as <strong />. For example, "-strong".

So perhaps remove the - symbol and try again

Dan

Dec 15, 2009 @ 10:50
    FONQI

tried removing it and, tried adding a plus, tried perhaps everything there is to try :) well diden't work. looks a bit different now

,-hr[class|style|id|dir],

Still no effect.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 10:53
    Peter Dijksterhuis

To make the changes effective, you need to restart the application after you changed the config-file.

Did you do that each time after a change? (You can restart the application by touching the web.config)

HTH,

Peter

Dec 15, 2009 @ 10:59
    FONQI

That i have done, but still no effekt, if i make an error it displays the error, so i know it's reading the file propper.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 11:13
    Peter Dijksterhuis

As Dan pointed out, did you this:

,hr[class|style|id|dir],

HTH, Peter

Dec 15, 2009 @ 11:20
    FONQI

shure did - now i even tried the ,hr [*], which would enable all attributes. now my string looks like this

hr[align<center?left?right|class|dir<ltr?rtl|id|lang|noshade<noshade|onclick|ondblclick|onkeydown|onkeypress|onkeyup|onmousedown|onmousemove|onmouseout|onmouseover|onmouseup|size|style|title|width]

which is full xhtml set at http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration/valid_elements#Default_rule_set: -  but there is still no effect - keep restating the web.config - but it still deletes after the save

• Sean Mooney 131 posts 158 karma points c-trib
    Dec 28, 2009 @ 20:19
    Sean Mooney

I have had the same problem and the only way I could fix it was to change the following setting in the umbracoSettings.config file:

<TidyEditorContent>False</TidyEditorContent>

Setting that line to false keeps the hr tag.

Does anyone else know if there is a config file for TidyEditor?

I found a post in the old forum (http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst3972_How-to-configure-Tidy-html-output.aspx), but my version of Umbraco 4.0.2 doesn't have that file

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Apr 08, 2010 @ 17:08
    mfeola

it only happens when the HR tag is embedded within a P tag.  If you edit the HTML of the site and just add an HR it stays.  not sure why this happens but if you can find a way to add the HR tag without it being in a P tag then this should start working again

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Apr 08, 2010 @ 17:17
    mfeola

oh, i think i got it to work, in the tinyMceConfig.config file, change HR to this

#hr[class|style]

i dont know what the pound sign does, but it was on the P tag and now the HR tag stays when i save it.

can someone explain to me what the pound sign does? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft