Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Uros 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 17, 2014 @ 09:30
    Uros

Rich Text Editor in back office not editable - Umbraco 7. Urgent, please help

Hi all,

I'm having an issue on my clients dev server (note that I don't have access to the server nor db, I can only edit stuff in back office, or locally on my computer, and then send them requests or updates needed). I've added some properties to pages, but when I go to Settings in back office, and when I try to add content to them, they appear to be non editable This is what I see in back office

I couldn't replicate the issue on my local server nor my dev server, so I couldn't find the solution for this. I've tried with deleting the content from the App_Data folder, but that didn't do the trick.

Please let me know if you have any ideas what may be causing this.

Thanks in advance!

Uros

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Oct 18, 2014 @ 13:12
    Charles Afford

If you go to this page on Google Chrome do you get any javascript errors?

What version of Umbraco?

Do you have the correct permissions on the Tiny editor?

What property type are they?

Charlie :)

Oct 20, 2014 @ 09:23
    Uros

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for a quick reply!

Only error I'm getting is: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) https://the.site.domain/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/IsAuthenticated

It is Umbraco v7.1.1

Where can I check permissions on the Tiny editor?

They are Richtext editor prop.type, but there's also on some other pages some Richtext editors that were added before the site has been deployed to their dev server, and they're working just fine.

Uros

Oct 20, 2014 @ 20:09
    Charles Afford

Hi Uros, sorry for the delayed reply. Not getting emails till i get back from work at the moment :).

Oct 20, 2014 @ 20:15
    Charles Afford

Hey,

Which browser have you tested this in? does it work in FF or IE?

The 400 (Bad Request) is a bug fixed in 7.1.2. You can fix this by clearing the cookies. This might fix the RTE problem.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/46929-clean-umbraco-7,-no-admin-menu?p=1

Charlie :)

Oct 22, 2014 @ 10:05
    Uros

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the reply, but the issue isn't solved yet. :(

So I've cleared cookies, and hit the submit button yesterday, but it was chaos at work, so now I see...I forgot to log in again to forum :D

I've tested this on FF, IE, Chrome, on another computer...nothing...

This are the errors I'm getting right now:

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:8N.init tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:8(anonymous function) tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:8(anonymous function) tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:3i tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:3h tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:3(anonymous function) tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:3n tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:3

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fire' of undefined umbraco:1

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.1.1.684829994:8

Hope this helps somehow.

I'm new to Umbraco, I couldn't replicate the issue on our dev server, and I can't get access to clients dev server, so I can't find a solution by myself :(

I'm also having an issue with this client for another Umbraco site, it doesn't allow me to log in to back office, and when it does, it logs me out within seconds. So sometimes the job that takes 5 minutes to be done (changing some text, or banner) it takes me half an hour to two hours. :/

Thanks for the reply.

Oct 23, 2014 @ 09:48
    Uros

Hi Charlie,

So we've managed to replicate the issue on our second dev server that's set up just like the clients (the dev server is set up for this client only).

I'm now trying to find a solution, and hopefully, I'll make it. :)

If you have any suggestions on where should I start, so I don't wander, please let me know, I'll be really thankful.

We're using Windows Server 2008 R2 and MS SQL Server 2008.

Best,

Uros

• Kyle Denton 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 01:29
    Kyle Denton
    • Version: Umbraco 7.2.1
    • Browser: Firefox ( Windows 8 (10.27695.1050136) )
    • .Net 4
    My Firefox browser renders the Richtext Editor as a Multiple Text Box
    Opened the Dashboard in Chrome and the Richtext Editor is appearing fine.  
    Hope this may help in figuring this out...
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 05:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kyle

Do you get any console log errors in your Firefox?

/Jan

Dec 20, 2014 @ 21:15
    Charles Afford

Sorry Uros for the really late response. As Jan says probably post any console errors you are getting. The ones you posted above i have not seen.

How old is the site? What are the chances of folders or files getting overridden or removed?

Charlie.

• Timothy Lee Russell 20 posts 43 karma points c-trib
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 01:47
    Timothy Lee Russell

Deleting the contents of the App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder worked for us.

• Angel 50 posts 106 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 20:01
    Angel

I'm having something similar after upgrading from 6.2.5 to 7.1.2

The content seems to show the HTML version of the value entered for that property and no fields are actually editable:

Also when I try to view the document type I get the error:

Invalid column name 'propertyEditorAlias'.

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft