Hello there, i just want to ask somebody, i need to solve that:

UMBRACO Tree  looks like

Content

• ROOT
    • WEB 1
    • WEB 2
    • WEB 3
    • Recycle bin

And i need to set up permission for user only to WEB 1 and WEB 3, the same in MEDIA module... How can i solve this? Thanks a lot, my umbraco version is Umbraco v6.1.6 (Assembly version: 1.0.5021.24867)

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 02, 2014 @ 19:57
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Viktor and welcome to our.

You can not directly set two start nodes, but you can limit what nodes the user should have access to.

Go the the user section, and open up the User permissions folder. Then you get an overview of the users that you have in your Umbraco installation if you click on the user that you want to setup permissions for, then you can limit the access.

E.g you can say that the user not should be able to see nodes, and it childs, I that it is what you are after? I have made some screenshot.

I my case I have a user called Dennis. I have removed the tick from browser node, witch means that the user not has access to the node, and then I have set a tick in Replace child node permssions, so the user Dennis can´t see the Sub textpage, Sub textpage 2, and Sub sub textpage.

When I log in with the user Dennis he can see this.

Maybe you also can get some nice information, by seeing this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Zl3mP9K0Q

For the question about permission for user only to WEB 1 and WEB 3, the same in MEDIA module, I think the only way out of the box right now is set the same start node, and build the sturecure up from there. I know it´s not what you hope for. But right now there are no possible option to set user permissions on Media folders, besides to pick a start node for the media library.

Hope this can help you.

/Dennis

• Viktor 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 08:48
    Viktor

Dennis thanks a lot, this helps me much. i was tryin it in this way but i was not sure ... I have to find solution for media also, but it is not so important like content section...

Thanks for your time again.

Viktor.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft