Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Jun 11, 2014 @ 08:19
    Thomas

Backend Error: The incoming request has too many parameters.

Hi,

I have a list of Hotels under an umbraco folder container and when i press the arrow to open the folder and enumerate the documents within the folder in the backend treeview i am getting the following error.

The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request.

Any Help how to resolve the issue?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 19:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

What version of Umbraco are you using?

/Jan

Jun 20, 2014 @ 19:54
    Thomas

I am using 1.6.2.1

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

Ok, this might be a long shot but could you try doing the first 3 tweaks mentioned in this article http://24days.in/umbraco/2013/6-easy-configuration-tweaks/ by Jeavon Leopold and see if that changes anything? In particular I think the JSON stuff could perhaps fix the issue.

/Jan

Jun 20, 2014 @ 21:49
    Thomas

Hi, thank you for the reply. I will tey that on sunday because I am away now, and I will reply the results.

Sep 18, 2014 @ 21:12
    Thomas

Unfortunately following the first three steps does not resolve the issue. Thank you for the help but probably something else must be done.

For the records following is the error i am getting:

Server Error in '/' Application. The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request.] System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) +1789294 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) +5340642 System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +244 System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +1691 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +61 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +90 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +377 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) +1421 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +177 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +53 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +137 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +81 Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +146 umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +37 umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +81

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader] umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +201 uComponents.UI.ItemInfoService.ProcessRequest(HttpApplication app) +1109 uComponents.UI.uComponentsModule.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34212

• James Wilkinson 15 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 12:54
    James Wilkinson

Hi,

We started getting this error following an upgrade from 4.11.5 to 6.2.4. but I tracked the issue down to SQL Server as our development server was running a newer service pack than our client's production server - SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 and SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 respectively.

Microsoft did release a CU that addressed the issue - see here but I'd apply the latest SP if you're not already running it as they include fixes and performance improvements.

Hope this helps,

James.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft