Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Santtu1980 24 posts 31 karma points
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 08:55
    Santtu1980

UI guide

I've tapped 17 a4-pages already (in finnish) and until now I try to find an useful guide to umbraco UI. Because i'm not going to update the webpages so I've to teach some else to do it. And create some backupguide, so my phone does not ring at midnight.

But no. No, there is not guide for the UI. What happens and where. What those little icons means. (which look more nice in 4 that in 3). How i publish pages, how i do it automaticly. etcetc.

If someone has done it already, hopefully put the link here. Maybe I'll translate it to finnish and share it to you.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 09:17
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 09:21
    Santtu1980

Ou jeah. Can I use (copy etc) that and give it to my colleagues too. And even translate it to finnish!??!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 10:00
    Dirk De Grave

I'd contact Paul Marden, he's been in charge with creating the guide... Find contact details on his website orcare.com.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 11, 2009 @ 11:55
    Santtu1980

I translated the umbraco UI guide (written by Paul Marden) to Finnish. Now Paul want´s someone who understands Finnish and English to peer review the Finnish document. He wants to be sure that there is same content in both of the guides. So I hope to find here someone who reads through both guides and reports to Paul that the translated document is a faithful and accurate translation. There are only 15 pages per guide and big images (including cover, table of content etc.), so it's not a big job.

Guide in Finnish
    http://www.asitek.fi/asitek/news_images_fi/umbracoUI_guide_v1_fi.pdf

Guide in English
    http://www.orcare.com/media/3577/20090811_editing_umbraco_websites_v1.pdf

-S

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft