Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dominik 711 posts 733 karma points
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 21:46
    dominik

Performance issue when opening content section

Hello,

Since we updated to a new server we are getting a performance issue when we are trying to reach the content section. It takes about one minute to open the content. 

In the error log I can see:

At /umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=2253 (Referred by: http://.../umbraco/umbraco.aspx

and:

Macro Parsing Error: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted. 
    at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl.parseMacrosToHtml(String input)

Any idea how this can be solved?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 21:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dominik

What ersion of Umbraco are you having this issue on?

/Jan

Dec 17, 2012 @ 21:50
    dominik

4.7.2 but only after switching to a new server. It looks like the database takes really long to respond

Dec 17, 2012 @ 22:42
    dominik

The error is happening everytime on the same page

Macro Parsing Error: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted. 
    at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl.parseMacrosToHtml(String input)

if i try to load this page by using the content editor it throws the error. The same page works on our dev environment.

We backuped the database and restored it in a completly new database.

Dec 17, 2012 @ 23:18
    dominik

Firebug shows that editCOntent sometimes needs 50seconds to load the content. 49 seconds it is waiting 

Any idea why this happens?

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:56
    Mike Chambers

We got this recently and was down to a dll dependancy conflict. Updated all the dll's in the bin folder to be the from the correct umbraco release and restarted the apppool and all works fine now.

Dec 18, 2012 @ 12:07
    dominik

We added the domain to the host.config file and now it is much faster.

But it takes still 3 times longer as on dev environment. I think everytime i open a content page which includes inline macros (in content) it takes too long

I read that the TinyMCE classes are creating the issues - we are using a lot of RichtText editors and about 10 classes inside the TinyMCE.css file.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 11:28
    Lee Kelleher

@dominik - did you find the root cause of this?

I have a client site running v4.9.0, which is throwing timeout errors for content nodes that contain multiple macros inside TinyMCE. The macros themselves look fine. Wondering if there's an issue with the number of macros inserted?

Thanks, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft