Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Hicks 5 posts 25 karma points
    Dec 10, 2012 @ 19:21
    Adam Hicks

Create Content does not redirect to new Content Page on IE6-8 on Windows XP

I may have found an old issue today with Umbraco 4.8.1 (this is not an issue with earlier versions and not tested newer ones as of yet).

Steps to reproduce

1. Open up Umbraco Administration System on Windows XP
    2. Use any Internet Explorer based browser - this is not an issue with Chrome, Firefox or Safari
    3. Log in to the administration system.
    4. Navigate to the content section.
    5. Click on content and create a new item of content and select a document type.
    6. Click Create.

At this point I would expect to be presented with the dashboard for the newly created item. But what actually happens is the create dialog disappears and you remain on the same intial dashboard and the tree does not update. If you click Reload Nodes on the tree then the new node is in there - you can click on it and then get the same new content dashboard.

This issue occurs on IE6, IE7 and IE8 when using the windows xp operating system. When I use Windows 7 this is not an issue and this appears to work fine.

I used fiddler to check the local traffic on both machines. On Windows 7 version I noticed a second call to create.aspx? which retuned a 200 and then a subsequent call to editContent.aspx etc - on Windows XP this second call happens but the subsequent editContent.aspx does never get called. It does seem to create the node but then fails to redirect or call the page subsequently.

Can anyone help? suggest what is going on? I tried looking on the forums and google without much help? Please do not respond with tell your client not to use Windows XP.

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Dec 10, 2012 @ 23:45
    Funka!

Hi Adam,

I can vouch this is a problem with Umbraco as we had a client speak with us just last week about this. I was going to add it to the Umbraco Issue Tracker, but didn't yet have a chance to troublshoot or reproduce his particular issue, but it sounds like you certainly have. I'd recommend adding this as a new issue (assuming no one else already has) and I'll certainly give it an upvote for being addressed.

(Oh and my suggestion to our client wasn't to not use XP, ... it was to use a different browser!)

• Adam Hicks 5 posts 25 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 09:45
    Adam Hicks

Hi Funka!

Thanks for the reply. I posted this as a bug on the issues.umbraco.org - hopefully someone will have time to have a look at it. I'll investigate to see if its an issue with later versions and try and debug into the code to see if that comes up with anything.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1311

Adam

• Chris A 11 posts 32 karma points
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 21:45
    Chris A

Thanks for posting this item, and for your other material, Adam, saved me a lot of time.  I can confirm this issue (exactly as you describe above) exists with v4.11.3 as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft