Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• detroit 12 posts 39 karma points
    Aug 07, 2009 @ 08:21
    detroit

is it possible to port existing web site to umbraco

Boss gave me a task to port our current web site to umbraco is it possible?

I was like wow i've just seen umbraco gimme a break right:) Well so far from what i've seen i'd have to remake the site bottoms up or could i just make it umbraco site in few steps?

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 07, 2009 @ 08:26
    Sebastiaan Janssen

What I've done a couple of times is taking the templates, images, stylesheets and javascript from the old site and put them into Umbraco. I don't know what your current templating system is like, but I bet it's a lot like master pages and there are areas which you could convert to contentplaceholders.

If there's any way for you to export data from the old site, you could probably easily import it into Umbraco using UmbImport.

I've done three sites like this and depending on the functionality in the old site, it's not too difficult!

• Carmen Lai 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 05:57
    Carmen Lai

Hi Sebastian,

I have the same task from my boss,edit the current content of the website using Umbraco. I guess first I need to migrate my website into Umbraco before I can do the editing, right? I have copied templates,images and stylesheets from the website server and add into Umbraco as shown on some video I saw. But I cannot get the website running. Also, I have another question, can I have the website address like such www.mysite.com instead of http://localhost:54320/? If yes, where can I change it?

Many thanks in advance.

Carmen

-
    -
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft