Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mcgwest 23 posts 55 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 02:05
    mcgwest

TinyMCE Formats Drop Down

TInyMCE typically has a formats drop down list for creating elements like H1, H2, etc. This does not show up on the TinyMCE toolbar in Umbraco. Is there any way to make the formats drop down available in Umbraco?

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 08:32
  • jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 08:34
    jigar

Hi Mcgwest,

What I would reccommend is this set of steps:

1. One the Settings Tab, under "Stylesheets", create a style sheet to hold the styles you want available in the WYSIWYG RT editor "styles" menu. Let's call it "Text Styles".

2. Paste all the style code for those styles in this sheet, to keep them all in one place.

3. Update your "Templates" to add a reference to this new stylesheet in the HEAD sections.

4. On the Developer Tab, locate the "Richtext editor" under "Data Types". Where it says "Related stylesheets:", chedck the box next to "Text Styles"

Next, follow these steps to create the drop-down entry for each of the styles you want to be available for your editors to select:

1. Right-click on the "Text Styles" sheet and click "Create".

2. Type the name you want displayed to users in the drop-down (example: "Subheading"), click the Create button.

3. For "Alias" type in the name of the style as it appears in your CSS (example: "h2" or ".subheading).

4. For "Styles:" put in the CSS code to change the display of that text as it will appear to the editor in the WYSIWYG RTE. example:
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 110%;

5. Save the new style.

Repeat these steps for each of the styles you want in the drop-down.

Or

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/add-styles-to-the-drop-down-menu-for-editors-to-use

Let me know if you still stuck somewhere.

~ Jigar

• mcgwest 23 posts 55 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 18:22
    mcgwest

Thanks for the suggestions, I've got this working now.

Are there any tutorials on creating custom toolbar buttons? I'd love to have some toolbar buttons that would add some pre-defined snippets of XHTML to a page.

Thanks for the help, the Umbraco community is most excellent!!

• jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 18:41
    jigar

HI MCGWest

if you think that helps than please mark this as resolved.

Regards,

JIgar

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft