Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• psiho 101 posts 96 karma points
    May 18, 2012 @ 12:07
    psiho

v5.1 image resizing in RTE?

Am I missing something? I simply cannot find a way to resize image in RTE.

We just spent some time playing with first site on v5.1. Somehow we took for granted it will be an easy transition, as it allways was from v2 on. We were fighing performance issues for days (SQLite version was unusable for us) but before even resolving that big issue, new small ones keep coming like this one with image resize in RTE.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvius. Ther's no way I can ask client to mess with HTML view.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 18, 2012 @ 16:30
    Jeroen Breuer

Just tested it and if you open the select image popup and you click on an image in the tree you get a preview and you can choose width and height.

Jeroen

• psiho 101 posts 96 karma points
    May 18, 2012 @ 16:41
    psiho

I've seen that but it's hardly usable:

- width/height is not calculated so you have to use a calculator to keep aspect ratio
    - no WYSWYG (drag) to compare it with the text in RTE
    - it does not "remember" last settings so if you want to edit/change you have to recalculate again
    - It seems Umbraco does not create resized image on save? So 1024x768 image resized this way to 30x20 still hass 200K, only HTML attributes width/height are used

I might be wrong with (some) fo points above. But all this seemed to b working in 4.7.2. and our clients were happy. This method of adding images to posts I cannot give to our customers. I'll have to downgrade to 4.7.2.

But I cannot believe I'm not missing something. This seems like a basic CMS function.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 18, 2012 @ 16:52
    Jeroen Breuer

Looks like someone already created an issue for it: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U5-835. You can add extra things you're missing there.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft