Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kerstin 11 posts 30 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:00
    kerstin

change the text and links in the sub-footer

hello all,

I hope someone can help me, maybe I am blind, but I cannot find, where I can change the text in the sub-footer

that's where for example you can find this "copyright by..... all rights reserved" and beside some links! ( see attached image )

where can I change that?

thank you very much :-)

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 13:58
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

It really depends on your specific site and how it was setup - every Umbraco site can be different.  You can start by looking in the Template (Master -> Templates) and seeing what's contained in your footer area.  You might see the text hardcoded, or rendered through an umbraco:Macro tag, or an umbraco:Item tag. 

If a Macro, you can get the details of the Macro under Developer -> Macros -> (macro alias), then you can see how the macro is being rendered (either .cshtml file, .xslt file, or .net usercontrol).  Then you can find the associated file and see where it's pulling the text from - most likely it's pulling from a document somewhere in your content tree.

If it's an umbraco:Item tag, you can see which field it's pulling from.  If it's set to recursive, that means it will search all the way up your content tree to find that field - most likely it's on the root node and you can edit it there.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

• kerstin 11 posts 30 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 14:07
    kerstin

dear tom,

thank you very much, I could change it in the templates ( master )

kr

kerstin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft