Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Huntington 23 posts 53 karma points
    Jul 06, 2009 @ 16:41
    Ian Huntington

Create Data Type

Hi,

I am currently trying to work out how to create my own data type which will allow an admin to select a node from the site, a content picker for example. Then to have a data type which lists all tags entered in a listbox from which the admin can select one or multiple. The idea being that the when the user goes to the site on the homepage they will see four randomly selected items picked by tag from the selected node.

For instance the folder work has six child items tagged: online, print, report, flash between them and for the data type to find all the tags,

I have created my own data type called Tag picker based upon the Ultimate picker and used the following settings (at this point I don't really have any idea if what I'm doing is correct, just switching items till I get an output).

Database datatype: integer
    Type: listbox
    Parent nodeid: xxxx
    Document Alias filter: projectTags (I have a field on my textpages with this - when entered nothing is displayed in the listbox in the content tree page)

I thought my filling in the Parent nodeid and the my filter I would get a list of tags which I don't get.

I have searched for a similar example but I've not come across anything though I'll continue searching.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft