Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Berling 30 posts 50 karma points
    Nov 04, 2011 @ 13:24
    Jonas Berling

"Micorosft word support"?

Not sure whether this qustion belongs to this section or not, but I read on http://umbraco.com/why-umbraco.aspx#MicrosoftWordSupport about using MS Word for editing new items or blog posts. How does this work? Are there any specific packages/components that should be installed in Umbraco to enable this or what?

/Jonas

• Anthony pj 40 posts 63 karma points
    Nov 04, 2011 @ 13:45
  • Ove Andersen 435 posts 1541 karma points c-trib
    Nov 04, 2011 @ 14:33
    Ove Andersen

First, make sure you have the following meta fields in your html <head/> section:

<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" href="/umbraco/channels/rsd.aspx" />      
    <link rel="wlwmanifest" type="application/wlwmanifest+xml" href="/umbraco/channels/wlwmanifest.aspx" />

Then create a content channel like here: (Go to users, and select the user you want to enable this for)

Then fire up Word, and then click one the "File" button (top left) -> "Save and send" -> "Publish as blog entry" (See pictures below. They are in Norwegian, but buttons should be the same for your language)

• Jonas Berling 30 posts 50 karma points
    Nov 05, 2011 @ 16:29
    Jonas Berling

Thank's! I currently do not subscribe to Umbraco TV, so I could only see a couple of minutes, but combined with the "Norwegian sceen dumps" (I'm Swedish, the language is not an issue :) I got a pretty good idea of how it all comes together.

But it does mean that I only can use Word for adding new content, not to edit old items, right?

• Ove Andersen 435 posts 1541 karma points c-trib
    Nov 05, 2011 @ 20:31
    Ove Andersen

Yeah you can edit old items.

Just press "Open existing" or like in the pictures below: :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft