Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Madden 252 posts 454 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Aug 10, 2011 @ 15:39
    Tom Madden

Page content not updated when properties of an included media item is deleted

I'm working on a site where there is a carousel of images taken from a media folder.

Each of the media items have a number of sub nodes of related properties. These are used to add and position editable bits of content related to the image (like labels)

When I add or update a property sub node for a media item, the page where the images are included is updated when I refresh the page.

When I delete sub node of a media item and refresh the relevant page, the content isn't updated.

If I save&publish the page where the media items appears and re-load my page, it then displays properly.

Give that it works when adding and editing a sub node, but not when deleting, this looks like a bug in Umbraco refreshing the xml cache.

Has anyone done anything similar, or come across a similar issue?

I'm using Umbraco 4.7 with an xslt macro

Thanks

Tom

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Aug 10, 2011 @ 16:02
    Jeroen Breuer

This might be a bug in the umbraco media cache. Are you using library.GetMedia(id, true) in xslt? If you delete a subnode you probably also need to save the parent node to update the cache of that node.

Jeroen

Aug 10, 2011 @ 16:40
    Tom Madden

It is using library(GetMedia(id,1)

The fact it updates without any further action when adding or editing a sub-node but not when deleting is what makes me think this is a bug.

Clicking to save the parent media node does update the content, so at least this is a better workaround than having to save and publish the actual content node.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Aug 10, 2011 @ 16:42
    Jeroen Breuer

Yes this is exactly what I just described and probably a bug. You should create a workitem for this on http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic.

Jeroen

Aug 10, 2011 @ 16:57
    Tom Madden

Workitem created at http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30406

Please vote it up

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft