Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aditya.A 77 posts 96 karma points
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 18:55
    Aditya.A

How to host my site

Hi all i have create a site using webmatrix .The default location of the folder is in the my documents and now i want to move the folder into iis ,mean to c:\intpub\wwwroot. althogh i can copy and paste the folder to that location i cant host my site.Can anyone tell how to host my site throgh iis7.

• Phil 12 posts 32 karma points
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 21:27
    Phil

Bit off the norm but...

1.       Move whole folder onto your c:drive, but not in the inetpub dir… {I created c:/projects/websites/mysite on my machine for this}.

2.       Open up iis manager (run as administrator).

3.       In iis open up left tree until you can see the Sites folder.

4.       Right click the sites folder and select the ‘Add web site’ option.

5.       Unless you really know what you’re doing, only add entries for the sitename, physical path and host name options

6.       Click OK

7.       Go back to the site tree, click on the new site, then select restart from the far right menu {not always necessary}.

8.       Close out iis after recording the host name you chose.

9.       To view the site using the local machine browser, you will need to add an entry in the hosts file, you will find it at: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts Note: it has no extension, and you wil probably be asked for admin rights.

10.   Just add a new line entry 127.0.0.1       {your recorded host name}

11.   Then save… If you use notepad to do the edit, remember to select ‘Save file type: all files’.

12.   You should now be able to see your site using your browser.

If you don’t see your home page, you may need to edit the site document list { iis à Click site à DefaultDocuments à Add }

This should be enough to get you going. Phil.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft