Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Evan 344 posts 99 karma points
    Mar 26, 2009 @ 15:25
    Evan

Getting an TinyMCE javascript error...

This is strange, if I am in my office using firefox (javascript is disabled in IE for me so I need to use JS) and I open the back end I can edit, save, everything. My client is in her office across town, and when she opens the back end she gets a javascript error and she can not view any of the tinyMCE stuff. She can not view the text, the toolbar is gone on the RTE, everything is crazy. What could the issue be? Please help we need this fixed asap

Mar 26, 2009 @ 17:29
    Evan

Client is also using IE6 if that makes much of a difference..

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Mar 26, 2009 @ 17:51
    dandrayne

Version 3 or 4? Both seem to work fine with my version of IE6.

You should tell you client to upgrade her browser anyhow, IE8 was out the other day for gawds sake!

Mar 26, 2009 @ 17:56
    Evan

[quote=ddrayne]Version 3 or 4? Both seem to work fine with my version of IE6.

You should tell you client to upgrade her browser anyhow, IE8 was out the other day for gawds sake! [/quote]
    v4, its odd she is on ie6, it is a government agency and they were told not to upgrade even from windows 2000, figure that one out!

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Mar 26, 2009 @ 18:26
    dandrayne

Unless she is browsing to the site from within an intranet interface or has extra security levels in place on her system (js disabled etc) I don't have an explanation, sorry!

Good luck ;-)

• Ted 7 posts 20 karma points
    Aug 03, 2009 @ 19:08
    Ted

I received TinyMCE errors when the viewstate mover module was enabled. I disabled it and everything worked perfectly again. Pretty odd! :/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft