Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 08:53
    Eric Herlitz

Migrate the Umbraco Media Library

Hi

Im looking for a way to export the media library in one umbraco installation and import in into another. The receiving installation is clean so there is no risk for collisions.

Any advices?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 10:57
    Ismail Mayat

Eric,

I recently did this using 2 packages. 

1. exported using http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/export-media

2. And imported the resultant zip using http://www.nibble.be/?p=55 please be aware of one issue http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/13616-ZipUpload-error also i am not sure if that zipupload link is to the latest version there maybe another later version.

Like i say i did it with exporting from 452 site and importing into 4.7 all worked nicely.

Regards

Ismial

Mar 02, 2011 @ 13:54
    Eric Herlitz

Ah thanks, tried that one and couldn't get it to work with a 4.0.0 installation. Guess ill have to adapt it a bit then. Or are there anything else to know about the usage except the

1. Install

2. Right click at the media folders...

It the second point that wont work, no export option shows when right clicking the media folders!

Mar 02, 2011 @ 14:49
    Ismail Mayat

try refreshing or clearing cache i do recall it didnt appear first time in my install. also what version of umbraco are you using?

Regards

Ismal

Mar 03, 2011 @ 10:43
    Eric Herlitz

Alright, but exactly how do I clear the cache?

The cache handling in Umbraco is very fragmented and spread out :/

The site I'm trying to install the media export at is a 4.0.0

Mar 03, 2011 @ 10:59
    Ismail Mayat

eric,

can you check your error logs also can you check the media export forum see if anyone else has this issue.  if nothing there i would post to that forum.  I used it with 452 export and i imported into 4.7 beta.

Regards

Ismail

Mar 03, 2011 @ 12:53
    Eric Herlitz

It's very strange, the plugin installs and everything and it looks as if it should work but I still don't get any export option. Ghmmm.. :/

• Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Aug 29, 2012 @ 13:51
    Kyle Skrinak

Thanks for the pointer, Ismail Mayat.That saved me much manual importing of images.

However, while the content is imported, the /media/x path changes, which can break any existing hard-coded img URLs.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft