Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 14:54
    Kyle Skrinak

Comment Moderation tab not deleting

Using umbraco 4.6.1 + the "StarterKit Blog"

I see the Comments Moderation tab in the main pane of the content section, and I see the posted comments. However, when I click to either delete individual comments or "delete selected" nothing happens.

Where to start on this one?

Thanks!

Feb 20, 2011 @ 15:45
    Kyle Skrinak

Of course, the umbracoLog for errors: Nothing. Ran the admin UI with Firebug running: No console errors. The event console only shows this error after the "delete" click: "The directory specified for caching compressed content..." which doesn't sound related, or is it?

Deleting in IE or Chrome didn't make any difference; no deletion of posts.

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 16:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kyle

Is this all it says in the error line? "The directory specified for caching compressed content..." ? Or is there more? And what is the path to the script?

/Jan

Feb 20, 2011 @ 16:43
    Kyle Skrinak

No:

The directory specified for caching compressed content C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\iisexpress\IIS Temporary Compressed Files\Clr4IntegratedAppPool is invalid.  Static compression is being disabled.

Feb 28, 2011 @ 21:24
    Kyle Skrinak

FWIW, I've deployed this to a hosted site and I still am unable to delete comments via the dashboard. I've tried different browsers (including IE7/8) different user accounts. No errors in Firebug, no ostensible error output in umbracoLog (though I do have 1000 "logout" messages since my truncate table umbracoLog 8 hours ago) I'm training my client on this with comments closed, obviously a less than ideal situation.

Thanks,

Kyle

• andrew 13 posts 36 karma points
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 18:06
    andrew

I'm in the same boat you are--no ability to delete comments.  It would appear that because the form is added to the same tab set as the Change Password form, it's causing that form's validation to fire (even if it doesn't update the password).

Adding

CausesValidation="false"

to each of the LinkButtons in \usercontrols\blog4umbraco\commentmoderation.ascx seems to have done the trick for me.

Mar 15, 2011 @ 19:03
    Kyle Skrinak

Thanks! Your first post scores a home run. That did the trick.

Mar 15, 2011 @ 19:57
    andrew

You're welcome--glad that worked.  I'm finally moving over to Umbraco from developing for DotNetNuke, so I have a feeling I'll be posting a lot more in the coming months.

Mar 15, 2011 @ 21:13
    Kyle Skrinak

I would have noted this issue at the appropriate codeplex queue; but which queue? Umbraco? It's not a blogs4umbraco issue, is it?

Mar 15, 2011 @ 22:31
    andrew

Looks like it's blog4umbraco to me.  That reference in dashboard.config gets added on the blog installation.  I can't imagine how it hasn't been an issue in the past, but then I've just started using Umbraco as of 4.7 (with very minor 4.6.1 experience), so perhaps some breaking change was introduced recently?

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Mar 20, 2011 @ 00:05
    Greg Berlin

Great, that helped me too.. thanks heaps, and welcome to the Umbraco dev community Andrew :)

• Bjorn Verryt 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 22, 2011 @ 13:45
    Bjorn Verryt

Great, problem fixed. Thanks, Andrew!

As an alternate solution, I marked the validators and button in the change password tab with a  ValidationGroup="ChangePassword".

• Thomas Egebrand Gram 63 posts 138 karma points
    Jun 03, 2011 @ 13:10
    Thomas Egebrand Gram

Fixed the problem right away, thanks a bunch! Virtual-highfive ya if i could!

// Thomas

• Stuart Nisbett 11 posts 57 karma points
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 11:44
    Stuart Nisbett

Shweeet! This fixed the problem for me too.

Cheers Andrew.

• Sonny 27 posts 48 karma points
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 04:01
    Sonny

Thanks Andrew..solved a scratch the head moment :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft