Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Walker 43 posts 66 karma points
    Jan 12, 2011 @ 17:32
    John Walker

Advanced Media Picker - File upload

Hello all,

I only noticed today that the media picker within Umbraco 4.5 only allows for the uploading on images. For a project Im working on we really need to allow uploading of files.

Does anyone know of a package or the best way of going about achieving this? I have tried some existing packages Ultimate Media Picker (which does not have the upload option) and Tribal (which is not compatable with 4.5) any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers John.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 12, 2011 @ 17:36
    Kim Andersen

Hi John.

You only need to have the option of uploading a file from your documents?

If that's the case, you should just be able to use the "Upload"-data type. This is a control that you can use to upload the file you want.

/Kim A

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2011 @ 17:36
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

I'm currently working on the successor of the Tribal Yet Another Media Picker 4. This is called the Digibiz Advanced Media Picker and is compatible with Umbraco 4.5. If you give me your e-mail I can send you a Release Candidate I currently have.

Jeroen

• John Walker 43 posts 66 karma points
    Jan 12, 2011 @ 17:39
    John Walker

@Kim The problem with the Upload data type is that the file is saved against the document item we really need it in the media section as it may be linked from more than one page.

@Jeroen That would be great my email address is [email protected] I will be testing it right away.

Thanks both John

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 12, 2011 @ 17:50
    Kim Andersen

Ahh I see. That makes good sense, and actually I never use the "upload"-data type myself because of the same reason.

@Jeroen: That sounds like a great addition to v4.5 (4.6 as well?). Looking forward to the release of the package :)

/Kim A

Mar 02, 2011 @ 20:31
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

I've released the Digibiz Advanced Media Picker a while ago. It's tested on Umbraco 4.5 and 4.6, but should also work on 4.7.

Jeroen

• Kim Nedergaard 37 posts 144 karma points
    Sep 20, 2013 @ 11:14
    Kim Nedergaard

Hi everybody,

Two years later - is it possible to allow the advanced media picker to upload PDF's now? :)

Sep 21, 2013 @ 21:36
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

I recommend to use DAMP instead of the default media picker. It's a lot better.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft