Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Walker 43 posts 66 karma points
    Dec 15, 2010 @ 11:08
    John Walker

User permissions on nodes by role

Hi,

For a project I am working on currently we need to disable the ability to move and delete certain content nodes.

We will be using the role 'editor' I can see the ability to set the permissions on a per user basis on nodes. So for example on the Resources node I can set permissions but this is on a per user basis. Only issue with that is when we hand the project over to the client and they go about adding new editors they will have more permissions/control than the other editors.

So what would be ideal is that we can set permissions on nodes on a per role basis that way when new editors are added they would have the exact same permissions.Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks for reading.

John

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Dec 15, 2010 @ 18:40
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

You can't set permissions per role. What you could do is using the event system to set the acount credentials programatically when a user is created. There is a User.New event which gets called when a new user is created. This wiki describes how you can work with the even system. 

Best,

Richard

• John Walker 43 posts 66 karma points
    Dec 15, 2010 @ 23:28
    John Walker

Thanks Richard,

From my research today I was coming to the conclusion it wasnt possible by default. So I was thinking of the possibility of setting an event on creating a user to set the correct permissions.

Cheers.

John

• greengiant83 88 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 11, 2011 @ 16:53
    greengiant83

Are there any existing packages that one could purchase to add in this functionality?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 11, 2011 @ 16:57
    Tom Fulton
  • greengiant83 88 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 11, 2011 @ 16:58
    greengiant83

Awesome.  Thanks, Tom.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft