Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrik Wibron 40 posts 67 karma points
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 11:31
    Patrik Wibron

Can't edit permissions on a protected page

Hi!

I tried to remove the user on a password-protected page and this message hits me: "Access to the path 'D:\Data\customer\data\access.xml' is denied.". We've set full read/modify permissions for the ApplicationPool-user and Network Service on every folder. 

If I try to republish the node or tries to edit the permissions, umbraco is throwing out this: 
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Access.IsProtectedByMembershipRole(Int32 documentId, String role) +119
       umbraco.presentation.umbraco.dialogs.protectPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1413
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +131
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +20
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2427

Any clues what's causing this? 

Setup: Umbraco 4.0.1, ASP.NET 3.5 on IIS7 (Windows Server 2008). SQL 2008. 

/ Patrik

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 16:22
    Tim

Something else may be locking the file. Is this on a live server or your local machine? If you have access to the machine this is running on (it sounds like you do). You could try running the tool on this link to see if the file is being locked by something: http://psst0101.wordpress.com/2007/06/19/windows-tip-determining-file-locks/

• Patrik Wibron 40 posts 67 karma points
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 10:02
    Patrik Wibron

Tried restarting the application and now it works. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft