Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Mac Kenna 147 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 27, 2010 @ 20:13
    Alan Mac Kenna

TinyMCE HTML Toolbar Button is rendering actual HTML in the dialog

Hi,

I am running an installation of Umbraco 4.5.1. If I have a Rich Text Box in the document template and try to edit the node content using the HTML button in the TinyMCE toolbar it renders the actual HTML of the Home Page of the site (even though I am editing a different node to the Home Page).

Does anybody have any ideas on how to solve this?

Much appreciated!

Sep 29, 2010 @ 12:23
    Alan Mac Kenna

I wanted to edit this post but the edit function does not seem to be working (gives and xslt parsing error).

To clarify that when I say the HTML button renders actual HTML I mean as opposed to showing me the raw HTML that I could edit it shows me a fully rendered site page - and not even the one I was editing in the first place!).

Anybody?

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Jun 27, 2012 @ 08:48
    Atoosa Khoda

Did you find an answer to  your problem? mine does exactly the same, it renders the actual page view (like preview) instead of html. and it always shows me the homepage no matter which page i am on. If you have the answer apprecite if you could share. Thanks.

Jun 27, 2012 @ 08:49
    Atoosa Khoda

what i meant mine doesn't throw error or anything. it shows the actual page view as if you were browsing it. rather than displaying the html.

Jun 27, 2012 @ 09:17
    Atoosa Khoda

did you have some redirection/urlRewrite rules on your iiss? I'm thinking this might be interfering with the html ediotr. This is the only change i made and since then this has been happening. i did remove the rules and my html editor started tpo work as normal. but can't be sure maybe a temporary mode and will come back again? plus i do need the 301 redirections back on as i'm moving a old site to a new site.

Jun 28, 2012 @ 20:57
    Alan Mac Kenna

You know I never did look into this long enough to solve it as it wasn't a feature the client was using but you have hit the nail on the head! It was an IIS rewrite rule that included "html" in it and my guess is that behind the scene that html is appended to a query string when you click on the HTML button in the RTE. Nicely done! Thanks for figuring it out!

If you're still having an issue with it maybe restricting the rewrite rule to only match the URL excluding the query string.

Cheers

Jun 29, 2012 @ 02:11
    Atoosa Khoda

Thanks mate. and yes it was due to the lazy/generous rewrite rule including all htm files. here's what i posted elsewhere on what i did to fix the issue. i'll paste it here it might help somebody else...

What was happening was that I put some 301 redirect rules on the iis to redirect our old website which was all in htm to the new website. so obviously unaware that there are some files with .htm extension in the Umbraco core folders, one of them being tinyMCE, source_editor.htm. so when I opened the editor it got redirected to homepage rather than loading the source code. I fixed the issue by adding an exception to my lazy redirect rule, not to apply it on Umbraco_client folder.

Jun 29, 2012 @ 14:24
    Alan Mac Kenna

Ah source_editor.htm! Exellent. Good work :)

Jul 10, 2012 @ 03:50
    Atoosa Khoda

Please kindly mark as Resolved, if this helped you. 

Jul 10, 2012 @ 10:18
    Alan Mac Kenna

done :) Thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft